The science of laser re-growth treatment
Laser treatment stimulates the damaged hair follicles just a few mm below the surface of the scalp, increasing protein production and flow of oxygen in a patient’s bloodstream.
This increased oxygen flow delivers more nutrients to the hair follicle and reduces levels of DHT hormones. The follicles are able to heal and re-grow normal, healthy hairs, stabilising hair loss and improving hair thickness and texture.
Laser treatment stages
By using laser therapy, hair loss can be halted and reversed in three stages:
- Preventing the loss and thinning of hair (usually 2-3 months)
- Improving the thickness, strength and shine of hair (3-5 months)
- Promoting the growth of new full-sized hairs (6-9 months)
Typical laser treatment
We recommend the following laser treatment cycle for patients:
- 2 x weekly for the first three months
- 1 x weekly for the next three months
- If further treatment is required, this can be scaled down to 2 x monthly appointments
Our laser therapy is very easy to set up and manage. Any staff member can turn on the machine and check the position over the patient’s head to ensure the entire scalp is covered. Each laser treatment lasts for 20 to 30 minutes. The laser machine automatically turns off after this session so patients can return to reception once their treatment is complete. During treatment patients can relax and read comfortably. Sessions should be scheduled with at least one day in between to allow the effect of the laser to be maximised.
Interested in becoming a Trichologica laser treatment provider? Get in touch for more information.